1911 Census is up!

Southern part of Great Britain

Moderator: Global Moderators

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:27 pm

Yes, David...I should have said that the census transcriptions are on Ancestry...and thank goodness for that as it saves quite a bit of money having that resource. I meant that you can only get the Scottish images on SP...and I like to get the images. :)

Regards,
Anne H

Ina
Global Moderator

Post by Ina » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:22 pm

There appears to be a lot of errors in the 1911 census records. See the following article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/lett ... story.html

Ina

Tracey
Global Moderator

Post by Tracey » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:37 pm

I got an email from 1911census.co.uk that said England was now complete

Then................

The complete counties of Northumberland, Cumberland and Westmorland, which comprise 443,204 new records, are now live on 1911census.co.uk. In addition, the Gateshead data, which comprises 84,195 new records, has now been added to Durham. This means that the whole of England is now online and searchable.

The Welsh counties will be added soon.

Just incase some of you didnt get this email and like me were waiting for Cumberland to appear :D
Scotland - Donaldson / Moggach / Shaw / Geddes / Sim / Gray / Mackie / Richards / Joel / Coull / Mckimmie / Panton / McGregor
Ireland and Scotland - Casey / McDade / Phillips / McCandle / Dinely / Comaskey + various spellings

emanday
Global Moderator

Post by emanday » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:37 pm

Ina wrote:There appears to be a lot of errors in the 1911 census records. See the following article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/lett ... story.html
There are quite a few that I've already notified them about. In two of them, although the writing was perfectly clear, one had the name wrong and the other had repeated the age from the line above. They cost me a wasted 30 credits each but no offer of any refund was made.
[b]Mary[/b]
A cat leaves pawprints on your heart
McDonald or MacDonald (some couldn't make up their mind!), Bonner, Crichton, McKillop, Campbell, Cameron, Gitrig (+other spellings), Clark, Sloan, Stewart, McCutcheon, Ireland (the surname)