Boston Pilot 'Information Wanted' website .....

Northern Ireland and Eire

Moderator: Global Moderators

scooter

Boston Pilot 'Information Wanted' website .....

Post by scooter » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:33 pm

Hi All,

Thought this website might be of interest/use to somebody with Irish connections. http://infowanted.bc.edu/

It's a database of all notices posted in the Boston Pilot from 1831 - 1921 by people looking for friends/family who had emigrated from Ireland to the United States.

Hope someone finds it of use!

Best,

Scott
Researching Wishart (Glasgow & Kirkcaldy), McDonald (Donegal & Falkirk), Thomson (Star, Fife) & Harley (Monimail, Moonzie & Cupar)

nancy

Post by nancy » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:40 pm

Hi Scooter, What an interesting site.I know my mum's brothers went from Paisley to New Jersey,but you never know,i might find someone,as Irish ancestors on both sides of family. Thanks, Nancy.

Andy

Post by Andy » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:23 am

FANTASTIC find!!!!!

I've known a bit about my g-g-grandmother's Ireland to Boston Boyles for ages. Know she had sisters Catherine, Bridget and Ellen and brother's Bernard and Hugh.

Just found a Bridget Boyle Dever of Donegal looking for Catherine, Condy, Hugh Sr & Jr, James and Margaret. So may have another lead. Thanks for that.
Searching for Keogh, Kelly, Fitzgerald, Riddell, Stewart, Wilson, McQuilkin, Lynch, Boyle, Cairney, Ross, King, McIlravey, McCurdy, Drennan and Woods (to name but a few).

Also looking for any information on Rathlin Island, County Antrim, Ireland.