WESTH Cornelius Andrew Westh

East and West

Moderator: Global Moderators

houston

WESTH Cornelius Andrew Westh

Post by houston » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:39 am

I am looking for information on Cornelius Andrew Westh born abt. 1843 Bornholm Denmark. Memorial of Naturalisation for Australia 26 June 1897 states his occupation as a Miner or Mariner
My grandfather Lars Phillip Westh came from Bornholm also and I would like to know if he is related. A cousin or an Uncle maybe?
Regards
houston

Anne H
Global Moderator

Re: WESTH Cornelius Andrew Westh

Post by Anne H » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:53 am

Hi Houston,

It's been a while since you made your post. Did you get anywhere with your research on your grandfather and Cornelius Andrew Westh?

Regards,
Anne H

houston

Post by houston » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi Anne H

I havent checked this site for a long time and then was contacted by someone in the last day or two who thinks they might be related through this Cornelious ( no guarantee) of course but prompted me to check site again. I also had been handed a copy of the Naturalisation papers on Cornelius Andrew Westh so thought they may be linked.. If you can be of some help that would be wonderful.
Most of my information is of course on the Jens Larsen Westh post further down done by littaol.
But Westh being and uncommon name there must be some connection somewhere. I do not speak or read Danish
I look forward to your response.
Regards
Houston

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:23 am

Well now, this is one out of the blue.

I'm afraid I can't be of much help other than to direct you to this site I found by Googling... http://www.klaus-erik-westh.dk/19829409 . You may have seen this before and as you'll see it's in a foreign language but looks like this might be your man, or a relative, on this tree.

Good luck with your continued search.

Regards,
Anne H