William Telford White, marine stoker (Royal Navy)

Pacific and Antarctic Ocean

Moderator: Global Moderators

doddie

William Telford White, marine stoker (Royal Navy)

Post by doddie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:59 am

Trying to confirm information about a William Telford White possibly moving to Australia after 1945. William was born in the Edinburgh area in 1917 or 1918. He was a marine stoker in the Royal Navy. Without wanting to disclose too much information because of living relatives, he and his wife in Scotland were divorced in 1945 and the story goes that at some point after that William left for Australia. Have been unable to find a death record in Scotland or England for a William Telford White after 1945. All feedback appreciated.

Regards

Doddie

Stewart

Re: William Telford White, marine stoker (Royal Navy)

Post by Stewart » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:52 pm

Hi Doddie,
My wife's grandad was William Telford White. Born 28 May 1918 and he left the family two years after the birth of her dad in 1943. It is believed he went to Australia. He was in the Navy.
His wife was Margaret Morton Blaikie.

Regards

Stewart

doddie

Post by doddie » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:48 pm

Hi Stewart,

Please accept my apologies for not getting back to you sooner. My family history has taken a bit of a back seat of late, especially with so many records offices etc. being closed because of Covid-19. My memory is a bit vague just now. I am sure that my inquiry about William is on behalf of a long standing friend of mine who has recently become interested in his family background. I will need to consult some paperwork but will get back to you. Would you mind me asking what your wife's first and maiden name is -if that is, William was her maternal grandad? I might have some more questions for you and in turn may be able to supply you with some helpful information in return.

Regards

Doddie

Stewart

Post by Stewart » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:36 pm

Hi Doddie,

My wife’s maiden name is Mandy White.

I am doing the family tree. William Telford White had two boys and two girls before leaving the family home.

Regards

Stewart