Moderators: Global Moderators, Russell

Dennis

The ol ancestral homestead Kintillo

Post by Dennis » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:59 pm

Hi,

I was a bit surprised to find this info on the public domain:

http://www.upmystreet.com/local/my-neig ... tillo.html

dennis
Names of interest: Lennox McKenna Airth Skirving Veitch Laird Drysdale Bennett Colledge Baird Blades Barker Dow Mitchell Perkins Rielly Stewart Tulloch Wright Ure, Ritch Richardson, Whyte
Places of Interest: Dunbarney, Forfar, East London (S.Africa)

emanday
Global Moderator

Post by emanday » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:10 pm

Hi Dennis,

Unfortunately, there are more than a few sites where this kind of information is available.

Personally, I use a site that monitors house prices (I like to know how my investment is doing) but it also provides this kind of data. When I voiced my concerns that it gave a "certain type of person" an insight to the whereabouts of "vulnerable age groups" I was told that house buyers wanted to know this and was essential to their service.

There are parts of this "information age" that concern me as well, but market forces are buyer driven. That unscrupulous people might use it to their own ends does not seem to be of much concern.
[b]Mary[/b]
A cat leaves pawprints on your heart
McDonald or MacDonald (some couldn't make up their mind!), Bonner, Crichton, McKillop, Campbell, Cameron, Gitrig (+other spellings), Clark, Sloan, Stewart, McCutcheon, Ireland (the surname)

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:17 pm

Hi Dennis
This type of postcode contains large numbers of elderly people living in blocks of flats.
That doesn't sound like Kintillo to me - not a high rise in sight as far as I'm aware. It is a rural area. A small sleepy villlage with a good wee coffee shop!
People enjoy bingo, racing and going to the pub.
I find that hard to believe - the nearest "big" town is Perth. Ok, and there is racing in Perth, but I'd be surprised if these are the chief interest of those living in Kintillo.... but I may be wrong.

Best wishes
Lesley

Davie

Post by Davie » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi
Ah typed in my post code furr Mount Flo.
This must be the Mount Flo on planet Zog they wurr referrin tae.
Which does have a high percentage of intelectuals bidin' there.
Oh, an jist in case oany o yees think yer clever, that is how they spell it on Zog.
An anither thing, writin in Weegie speak is a guid idea, as naebudy kin gey ye a pull oan yer spelin'

Ah mibbie be stoopit but a'm urnie daft.

Davie

LesleyB

Post by LesleyB » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:39 pm

Hi Dennis & Davie
For my post code it states:
Couples with children: Low. There are fewer children than the national average
hmm... that will be why the local primary school is one of the larger ones in the area and has for some years now been running out of room as the roll steadily increases!!

Any descriptions be taken with a large pinch of salt, I reckon!

Best wishes
Lesley

annpa

Post by annpa » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:34 pm

I typed in several placenames and came up with a complete load of rubbish. Who does this website, because nothing remotely resembled the places that I know.
I'd beware of it.
Cheers
Annpa
[size=75] Annpa Fincher seeking
[b]FARQUHAR[/b] Paisley, Glenlivet;
[b]CASEY, CRAMPSEY, KELLY, CROSSAN[/b] Glasgow, Stirlingshire, Lanarkshire;
[b]SPARKS[/b] Inverness-shire, Glasgow, Norwich;
[b]MATHESON[/b] Banff, Ross[/size]

Jamboesque

Post by Jamboesque » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:04 pm

They have also never heard of the Scottish Press, given that during the week I'm supposed to be reading the Grauniad, Independent or Finacial Times. Of course on Sundays it'll be the Observer and Funday Times............... :shock:
I'd like to be apathetic but I really can't be bothered.

Looking for blacksheep & not finding any with
Groats & Stevensons in Orkney, Hood's in Dundee/Angus, Mclaren's in Clackmannan and Jolly's in Kincardineshire. There may be more!

AnneM
Global Moderator

Post by AnneM » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:03 am

Actually I reckon the site is a plant by the polis to fool criminals into believing that a certain area is full of defenseless little old ladies when in fact, once they get there, they will find it running with big blokes with tattoos and rotweillers called Tyson!

Anne

Having said that the profile of my area was not too far off.
Anne
Researching M(a)cKenzie, McCammond, McLachlan, Kerr, Assur, Renton, Redpath, Ferguson, Shedden, Also Oswald, Le/assels/Lascelles, Bonning just for starters