Ferguson - Lancaster TER. Glasgow & Otter,Kilfinan, Argyle

Looking for Scottish Ancestors

Moderator: Global Moderators

Heidihei

Re: Ferguson - Lancaster TER. Glasgow & Otter,Kilfinan, Argy

Post by Heidihei » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:11 am

Bridget you gf Algar Walton Ferguson may well be the boy in my photo - he sailed from NZ on the S.S. Makura arriving San Francisco California Jan. 1930. [from Fam. Serch]
Heidi

Heidihei

Re: Ferguson - Lancaster TER. Glasgow & Otter,Kilfinan, Argyle

Post by Heidihei » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:33 am

I have started putting all the old information together, and am very happy to have so much info already on Talking Scot, a blessing. This time backing it up on the LDS web page. :D Found John Ferguson's will from 1916 and that give me a husband John Martin Sanderson for his daughter Helen Downie Ferguson. And SP give me their marriage at Hillshead Parish Church, Kelvinsaid 19 Jun 1901. And I manage to find John's christening under "other churches".

Heidihei

Re: Ferguson - Lancaster TER. Glasgow & Otter,Kilfinan, Argyle

Post by Heidihei » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:12 am

Some time people are just lovely. One day I hope my distant NZ cousin Bridget from 2013 will be looking in again.
In the last few days a very lovely New Zealand lady researcher has added to my family tree on LDS. Rather then throwing away info she comes across in her town in NZ land she finds it's family and adds it. She added a lot of information on Helen Veronica( nee Bell )Ferguson family. Helen was married to my ggmothers brother William Ferguson. William died on the Lallara Station, Tilpa, Burke, NSW. 6 Aug 1943 he was a book keeper there. :D :D