Unusual Surnames.....

Looking for Scottish Ancestors

Moderator: Global Moderators

HK

Unusual Surnames.....

Post by HK » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:23 am

I know we have a thread on unusual first names with "ina"but after hearing a 4 year old called into the doctors office yesterday by the name of Douglas Pedafile I thought can you come up with a better reason to change the family name?
HK

Dz

Re: Unusual Surnames

Post by Dz » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:10 pm

HeatherK wrote:I know we have a thread on unusual first names with "ina"but after hearing a 4 year old called into the doctors office yesterday by the name of Douglas Pedafile I thought can you come up with a better reason to change the family name?
HK
In Germany, one of my troops (in the Air Force) was pulled over by the Polizei for erratic driving. (A reasonable assumption; he had spent the evening at the NCO club, and was drunk as a skunk...)

They decided he could be "rehabilitated", and that his squadron commander and I (being his immediate superior) should meet with the Base Hospital's psychiatrist to determine his course of treatment. The shrink's name? Captain Panic!

(That's how he pronounced it - though it actually was a Polish name - "Panec", which was pronounced quite differently in the 'old country'...)

JayPee

Post by JayPee » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:57 pm

A friend of mine had a dentist, Dr. Paine.
- JayPee

MaryE

Post by MaryE » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:57 pm

A local crematorium officer is a Mr Fridge - a good example of opposites!

Mary

HK

Post by HK » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:57 pm

Though not an unusual name it was a nice touch,Dr.Charlie Brown,Childs phycologist.His daughter in law was 1 of 3s grade 3 teacher,Sally Brown.
Our family dentist is Dr.Whiteing.And the meanest teacher I ever met was Mrs.Armstrong.Put my daughter in the hall when she was having an asthma attack because she was making too much noise.(You should have heard the noise I made when I got there.)
HK

mesklin

Post by mesklin » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:19 pm

How about Duncan McCoffey? Lover of doughnuts and caffeine?

Dave

WilmaM

Post by WilmaM » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:48 pm

Joanna Boady worked near me in a hospital - and no she didn't have anything to do with the mortuary or Pathology labs :roll:
Wilma

harleysinger

Post by harleysinger » Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:36 am

Have you ever thought about what Whoopi Goldberg would be called if she'd married Peter Cushing?
harleysinger... Make me smile!
Carr,Casey,Connelly,Croall,Cummiskey,Gilliland,Holmes,McDivitt,Roache.
Castlemilk In The News web site - History and links
http://www.geocities.com/harleysinger/index.html

HK

Post by HK » Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:44 am

When we lived in Wasaga Beach,Ontario,we had a land lord called John Hill.Not a prob right.Try keeping a straight face while talking to Rose his wife (MS Bush)and oldest son Rocky(not a nick name)
Husband has a cousin called Donald Duke.
HK

G.Love

names

Post by G.Love » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:59 pm

I'm not sure if I was having my leg pulled, but I was told that there are a few wee girls in Greenock who are called Pocahontas.
seeking McColl from Donegal and Greenock, McKay from Antrim and Greenock;
Whiteford from Ballycastle and Greenock; Tucker from Port Glasgow, and McGinty.