SP Vouchers Glasgow

If you are having difficulty with the ScotlandsPeople site, or have answers

Moderator: Global Moderators

Montrose Budie

Post by Montrose Budie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:54 pm

This initial, trial offer is available via a number of Scottish libraries, and, before anyone asks, - No!, I don't have a full list!

I believe that it has been suggested to GROS that overseas libraries and even organsiations such as NZSG/Auckland Library should also be included in the scheme, but this suggestion has so far not been taken up as far as I'm aware; as such libraries don't fall within the remit of the UK legislation that is the driver for GROS to encourage access via Scottish libraries, especially involving those who are not 'web connected' at home.

There is also an argument against the inclusion of overseas libraries on the basis of why should UK taxpayers subsidise the patrons of such libraries? Whether or not I agree with that argument is a different question !

Note that any overseas FHS that is a full member of SAFHS should be able to access the vouchers bulk purchase arrangement between SAFHS and GROS, at a price of £4.80/30 credits, always assuming that the FHS involved is prepared to sell the vouchers to members at this price!

MB

kenspeckle

Scotlands People Vouchers

Post by kenspeckle » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:49 am

so I should be able to get my wee sister to buy them and give me the details and I use them here in australia from home ?? :idea:
best to all lesley
researching : Roddick, Stewart, Combe,Lyle , Wilkie, Budge, Kirkwood,Howat, McKinlay, Gunning, Gumprecht, Mirrlees, Muckersie, Greig, Moncrieff, Pattison, Hornibrook, Teape, Brockhoff,Buchanan,

kenspeckle

Post by kenspeckle » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:00 pm

I did suggest when I got my survey from Scotland's people last week that the had a sliding scale of credits eg give extra credits for bulk purchases as at the moment its all the same no matter how many you buy be good if you could buy 30 and get some free buy 60 and get even more free ect
lesley
be interesting to know where their biggest source of income is from ie UK USA Canada NZ SA ect
I have bought a few bricks in the past few weeks
researching : Roddick, Stewart, Combe,Lyle , Wilkie, Budge, Kirkwood,Howat, McKinlay, Gunning, Gumprecht, Mirrlees, Muckersie, Greig, Moncrieff, Pattison, Hornibrook, Teape, Brockhoff,Buchanan,