RCE's on Scotlands People

If you are having difficulty with the ScotlandsPeople site, or have answers

Moderator: Global Moderators

AileenA

RCE's on Scotlands People

Post by AileenA » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:29 pm

Hello
At the weekend I opened a death certificate on Scotlands People and noticed that the 'red box' popped up to say there was an RCE attached.
I opened the RCE, (which cost me 2 credits) only to find that the RCE was for another person named on the same page. Is this usual of should I get in touch with scotlands people to ask for my credits back?? I've opened death certs and RCE's in the past and all has been okay as they have always referred to my deceased relative. Just wondered if this was a glitch on the Sp system :?

am delighted to have found this forum, I've learned so much from it already! :D

Aileen

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:37 pm

Hi Aileen,

The advice is don't click on the red button until you have first viewed the certificate. The RCEs are linked to the page, so could apply to any of the entries on that page. It is for you to look at the certificate first and see if the RCE is for the entry on the page you are concerned with. If it is, then go and spend the two credits and see the RCE. If not, save your two credits and don't open the RCE.

See http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/conte ... r=551&1314

All the best,

AndrewP

AileenA

Post by AileenA » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:54 pm

Wow that was quick Andrew!! thanks for your help, I'll put it down to experience :lol:

WilmaM

Post by WilmaM » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:54 pm

I was 'caught out' by this recently,

Only in my case 2 entries on the page had RCE's attached and mine was the 2nd one.

Go and check again, it might be hiding as the 2nd page or as Andrew suggested it may be just referring to another entry on the same page.
Wilma

AileenA

Post by AileenA » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:56 pm

Just had a wee look but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a 2nd page. never mind, we live and learn!