Thanks for all of the help

Share your success stories here.

Moderator: Global Moderators

Roving Lad

Thanks for all of the help

Post by Roving Lad » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi,
After many months of intense searching on the internet for the origins of my GGG Grandparents, MCLAUGHLIN, DOHERTY in Ireland, you've managed to give me the answer in couple of days. Tyrone and Donegal, i would have never have thought that they would have come from two different Counties, North or South. Given the difficulties of travel 170 years ago in Ireland, horses and country roads, must have been quite a trek. Great work !
At least, i now know where to search to go back further.
Thank you very much,
Roving Lad

SarahND
Site Admin

Re: Thanks for all of the help

Post by SarahND » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:13 pm

Hi Roving Lad,
Being parent of another one who has well earned that username and who also spends a good deal of his roving time in Thailand, I'm glad you were able to find the info you need while staying out of the snow :wink: You never know when some TS member will want some information on a Scot in Thailand, so we'll keep you in mind!
Keep up the good weather, my daughter's headed your way in 3 weeks :D

All the best,
Sarah

Roving Lad

Re: Thanks for all of the help

Post by Roving Lad » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for your response.
If anyone comes over to Thailand we'll put them in the right direction as where to go, no problem ! Have kids ourselves, all grown up now, still worry about them no matter what age they are. Just get in contact with me, more than happy to help. Wife is Thai, however speaks with a Scottish twang. Great at saying the word "numptie", or "yar a big edjit". So much for elocution lessons.
I'm still a very old fashioned guy, always gie a woman or older person a seat, or open the door for them. Think it's just the way you were brought up. Paisley wasn't such a bad place after all !
Anyway, hope you all have a Great Christmas and a Happy New Year in Scotland or where ever you are from when reading this message.
All the best
Roving Lad