adoption

Share your success stories here.

Moderator: Global Moderators

nanville

adoption

Post by nanville » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:53 am

when my wife's adopted family had all passed away,we found her birth certificate,giving the name of her birth mother.
so after about a 2 year period my wife asked me if I could find out about her mother,unfortunately she had passed away the year before.since then I have traced seven brothers and three sisters.we have met one of her younger brothers,and have spoken to all the rest by phone,her brother and me are presently trying to arrange a family meeting, but it's difficult because of the geographical differences.
I thought that I was finished my searching when I came across information that the father had been married before,this wasn't known to the rest of the family,my wife's younger brother is now searching england and wales to see if their are any other children.

LesleyB

Re: adoption

Post by LesleyB » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:55 am

Hi nanville
And welcome to Talking Scot :D

That is great that you were able to arrange what sounds like a successful reunion with your wife's birth family. I hope all goes well with the family meeting.
We do not usuaully deal with recent events here on Talking Scot, so cannot really help with searching if it involves people who are still alive or recently deceased. There are some forums too which deal with adoption issues which you may find helpful or supportive if you feel you need to talk to others in a similar position, such as:
http://www.forums.afteradoption.org.uk

Best wishes
Lesley