Johnstone family Edinburgh 1891 .....

Information and Advice

Moderator: Global Moderators

StewL

Re: Johnstone family Edinburgh 1891 .....

Post by StewL » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:28 am

Hello Diane
[TS_welcome]
Although it has been a while since Valerie lodged her post, if she is still active and has the same email address, she will receive notification of your post.
TS is a great and helpful site. Enjoy your time here.
Stewie

Searching for: Anderson, Balks, Barton, Courtney, Davidson, Downie, Dunlop, Edward, Flucker, Galloway, Graham, Guthrie, Higgins, Laurie, Mathieson, McLean, McLuckie, Miln, Nielson, Payne, Phillips, Porterfield, Stewart, Watson

zavitz

Re: Johnstone family Edinburgh 1891 .....

Post by zavitz » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:30 pm

I have come into the possession of a couple of birth certificates that relate to the Johnstone family that lived at 16 south Richmond street in Edinburgh in 1906. According to the 1891 census the Johnstone family were living at this address. My maternal grandfather is Archibald bell Johnstone, a printers' warehouseman, who was born in 1879 in Belfast, county down, Ireland. He married Jessie Sidey may 24, 1901 and they had 6 children. Four were born in Edinburgh and 2 were born in Canada. One of the birth certificates that I have is for my uncle Archie who was born born june 23, 1906 in Edinburgh at this address. If you would like more information on what became of them please let me know. Any information that you can share with me re the other members of the Johnston family identified in the posting would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

regards

Diane