where did susan kelly go

Birth, Marriage, Death

Moderator: Global Moderators

cathy52

where did susan kelly go

Post by cathy52 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:17 pm

i am trying to find the death of my gt aunt susan kelly,she was born 1900 at 99 cross st ayr.her mother was sarah nee potts father john kelly.i found her son he died in 1970 in argyll susan was dead by this time as it says it on her sons death cert, ](*,)

ninatoo

Re: where did susan kelly go

Post by ninatoo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:33 pm

Was she married?
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

cathy52

Post by cathy52 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:03 am

she married james heron 1919glasgow but left him after 6weeks was in and out of poorhouse in glasgow and ayr,i dont think she married again because on her sons death cert she is called susan kelly still her maiden name,i just cant fdind a death for susan,got her sisters death cert and her brothers who was my grandad.havent a clue where i can look for her

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:58 am

Hi Cathy,

I searched on ScotlandsPeople for anyone with surname Her*on (for Heron and Herron) and other surname Kell* (for Kelly and Kellie) and got 18 results for all years. None were Susan or anything similar.

A search for Susan Kelly, born 1900 ± 3 years, died 1919 or later gives 17 results. Only three of these are more than 50 years ago so that you can view the certificates online. The remaining 14 are less than 50 years ago, so you cannot view them online. There are no clues to help you narrow these down. If you view the 3 that can be viewed online and none of them is right, then you have to get to the ScotlandsPeople Centre or one of its outposts in Scotland to view the remaining 14 certificates (or pay someone to do so for you). She may be one of the 14, or if the age given on her death certificate is wrong, then a wider group would have to be searched. Other possibilities are that her death was registered by another (later) married name, and the person registering the death did not get her maiden surname right. or maybe she died outwith Scotland.

So, if she is not in the three that you can view online, it is going to cost you dearly to find out - unless there is any other information you can find elsewhere.

Even if you take the final search year as 1970 and expand the birth years to 1900 ± 5 years, then your choice of what you can view online becomes greater. You have to choose whether to spend the money and look at them all, or wait until you (or someone on your behalf) can go into the ScotlandsPeople Centre to look at all of these and see if the parent details of any of them fit.

All the best,

AndrewP

WilmaM

Post by WilmaM » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Did her son marry?
If so was his mother noted as deceased on his marriage certificate? and what name did he use for her then?
that would further narrow down the time frame.
Wilma

cathy52

Post by cathy52 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:40 pm

no her son didnt marry,i got a copy of his will and he left what he had to a helen mcgreary who lived at same address in dunoon and on his death he has his mother down as susan kelly. :?