Can't read a letter on the Death Certificate

Birth, Marriage, Death

Moderator: Global Moderators

lucioanna

Can't read a letter on the Death Certificate

Post by lucioanna » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:12 pm

I have attached the Certificate here and the letter I cannot read is in Column (7) - half way down :- ? Cameron son present.

Can anyone decipher the Capital letter? The deceased Agnes Lockerbie Walker Laurie (nee Cameron) did have a son called Robert Rae Cameron who was illegitimate, but in 1959 this Robert was living in Derbyshire England. I do know that she had at least one other child when she was still single, but as yet I have not found the child. So this person ? Cameron could be the other child but I cannot decipher the Capital letter.

Thanks Ann
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lucioanna

Re: Can't read a letter on the Death Certificate

Post by lucioanna » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:18 pm

sorry but the scan seems to be too big for you to see column 7. I will have to look up how to reduce it - I am a dummy on the computer.

lucioanna

Post by lucioanna » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:35 pm

ScotlandsPeople.476C8E8F-5AB6-4A6C-96DE-862F2452C03A-D1959_820_00_0006Z cropped.tif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:42 pm

Hi there,

[TS_welcome]

Unfortunately, I can't see the document! It doesn't seem to be a link. I'm not sure what the problem is, but someone else will come along and help you with that soon.

Nina
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:08 am

Hi Ann,

As the digital image is a scan of a microfiche copy of the original certificate, it has lost much of its original clarity. It would be worth going back to ScotlandsPeople. On the webpage where you go to view the image, there is a place to contact ScotlandsPeople. It would be worth doing that, saying that the signature in column 7 is important to you, and is not legible on the digital image. Ask them for a re-scanned copy from the original certificate. They will normally do that for you, and send you a copy by e-mail. I would have good hopes that a re-scanned copy will give you a signature that you can read. Armed with that info, you can continue your search to find the elusive son.

All the best,

AndrewP

lucioanna

Post by lucioanna » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:22 am

Thank you so much for your help. I will get back to Scotlandspeople
Ann