Charles Edward Kidd's death

Birth, Marriage, Death

Moderator: Global Moderators

ninatoo

Re: Charles Edward Kidd's death

Post by ninatoo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:18 am

Ah but it does help Sarah...it fits quite nicely with a Charles Kidd who was a jockey! :D

I can't find him in the 1891 census...I am thinking he took his hundred pounds and went off travelling...but to where I don't know! He doesn't seem to be in the English or US censuses, so I am thinking he might have gone to Ireland to race; I hear it was a big thing back then in Dublin.

Thanks again!

Nina
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

speleobat2

Post by speleobat2 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Hi Nina,

Found this Elizabeth Crombie on Ancestry, but it says that she was going to her "married sister" in Toronto. The age is unreadable on the original, but yours would only be 14 so unless yours had older half-sisters by her father, this probably isn't yours. Thought I'd send it along anyway.

Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935 Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935
Name: Miss Eliz Crombie
Date of Arrival: 9 Aug 1913
Vessel: Hesperian
Search Ship Database: View the 'Hesperian' in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: Quebec
Port of Departure: Glasgow, Scotland
Roll: T-4802

Carol :D
Looking for: Clerihew, Longmuir/Longmore, Chalmers, Milne, Barclay in Newhills,
Munro, Cadenhead, Raitt, Ririe/Reary

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:39 am

Thanks Carol,

I agree she probably isn't mine, but it was very kind of you to have a look anyway....I am wondering if young Elizabeth went with the USA with her mother and Charles Kidd after the wedding, but the manifest I have of Charles and Mary doen't list the child.

Nina
Researching: Easton ( Renfrewshire, Dunbarton and Glasgow), Corr (Londonderry and Glasgow), Carson (Co. Down, Irvine, Ayrshire and Glasgow), Logan (Londonderry and Glasgow)

Edonaldson

Post by Edonaldson » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi Nina,

I ran across your thread when I was researching my family. On the 1901 Census for Scotland that your family appeared in (Thomas Crombie), I believe my great, great uncle Patrick Hughes was also listed.

I was wondering if you ran across any other information on him during your search and if so, if you might share it with me? I would be most grateful.

Cheers,

Ed

joette
Global Moderator

Post by joette » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:43 am

Hi Ed & Welcome to [talkingscot] .Ninatoo is a regular so I'm sure she will see your post but if you want to PM her just to make sure.
Researching:SCOTT,Taylor,Young,VEITCH LINLEY,MIDLOTHIAN
WADDELL,ROSS,TORRANCE,GOVAN/DALMUIR/Clackmanannshire
CARR/LEITCH-Scotland,Ireland(County Donegal)
LINLEY/VEITCH-SASK.Canada
ALSO BROWN,MCKIMMIE,MCDOWALL,FRASER.
Greer/Grier,Jenkins/Jankins

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:49 am

Hi Ed,

I checked my census copies and your Patrick Hughes (22, single and born in Ireland) was listed with my Carson ancestors as a jockey. My great great grandfather Thomas Carson was a pig dealer at the time but family have said that he owned a race horse. I have not confirmed this. His son in law at the time was Charles Kidd, the topic of this thread, who was a jockey, but he was in the USA at the time of the census. I don't know anything more about your Patrick Hughes, sorry!

Nina

Steelydan64

Post by Steelydan64 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi

This is not help with the above it is regarding your GG Grandfather Thomas Carson and his wife Elizabeth Crombie.
I definitely believe we are related especially after reading the post of Family members from another source.
My Grandmother is listed who was Agnes Carson and my mother Elizabeth Wallace was born of Agnes and named after her mother.

Cant believe all the info you have posted of Carson Crombie and would love to chat more unless of course you are a descendant of Agnes Carson then I will already know you?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Margaret

ninatoo

Post by ninatoo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:35 pm

Hello Margaret,

Yes it seems we are indeed related; 2nd cousins once removed according to my relationship calculator tool. I have a lot of information on this branch of the family, mostly because Thomas, your great grandfather (my great great grandfather), fascinated me, as well as Mary his daughter, featured in this thread. But I have also researched Agnes, your grandmother, and your grandfather James Wallace, whose branch I have traced back to 1757. I will send you a private message with my email address on it so we can chat more.

Nina

dannsadh

Re:

Post by dannsadh » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:11 pm

Alcluith wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:33 pm
Nina
I carried out a search for "Charles Kidd" and "Jockey" on Google.
It may be totally irrelevant to your research but just the fact that Charles Kirk's father was a Charles Kidd I thought it was work posting here.

Hi, just to let you know. My Charles KIDD is not the same Charles as mentioned here. Cheers Angela