Post by AndrewP » Tue May 28, 2013 12:54 pm

The 1895 Valuation Rolls are available on ScotlandsPeople from today. :D

For more info, see http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/Conte ... spx?r=2206

All the best,

AndrewP

Ann In the UK

Re: 1895 Valuation Rolls now on SP

Post by Ann In the UK » Tue May 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Sadly no use whatsoever I'm afraid. Hope there's something more in the offing soon. I thought I read somewhere that the poor relief records were being digitised too. Or is that just me wishful thinking?

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Tue May 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi Ann,
Ann In the UK wrote:I thought I read somewhere that the poor relief records were being digitised too. Or is that just me wishful thinking?
The records on SP are all from GROS, NAS (now both part of NRS); or the Scottish Catholic Archives. The Poor Relief records that survive are in various local archives and libraries. So if they are to be digitised, I can only think that would be at a local level rather than the centralised SP. The records which have been spoken about to appear sometime on SP is the Kirk Session records, but there is no timescale given for this so far.

All the best,

AndrewP

Ann In the UK

Post by Ann In the UK » Wed May 29, 2013 9:41 am

That'll do! I'll take them!! Tried to look through some a couple of years ago, but didn't get very far - too long, dirty and laborious a job for the very limited time I had to do it. A digitized/online version would be very much appreciated :D

It's a shame the Mitchell don't seem to digitise anything - even if they put the poor law index database they've already done online I'm sure it'd be useful for some. And I'm pretty sure they're missing a money making trick, specially from those of us who can't actually make it in in person every five minutes!

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense now - maybe that's what I'd misheard!

momat

Post by momat » Thu May 30, 2013 3:54 am

Hi,
Just checked out one of my lot on the new valuation list and not only is the page "Blurry"
but the name I was looking at for that page is not there!!
I think they need to re imburse me .
Maureen

AndrewP
Site Admin

Post by AndrewP » Thu May 30, 2013 4:03 am

momat wrote:Hi,
Just checked out one of my lot on the new valuation list and not only is the page "Blurry"
but the name I was looking at for that page is not there!!
I think they need to re imburse me .
Hi Momat,

Send in a contact form to them with your complaint. They should reimburse you.

All the best,

AndrewP

momat

Post by momat » Thu May 30, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi Andrew,

SP responded and when I went back to look it appears that page I was looking at was a double across the screen and I only went as far as
what looked like the edge .
The others I looked at were only one page at a time so wonder how many will turn up like this
Maureen