Newfoundland .....

Canada, USA, Mexico, Central America, South America, Carribean

Moderator: Global Moderators

HK

Newfoundland .....

Post by HK » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:04 pm

The correct name for this province is Newfoundland and Labrador.The people of Labrador get a little annoyed when we don't mention them.That's why the abreviation has been changed from Nfld to NL.personally it will never catch on and will always be Nfld to me. :lol:
HK

Re: Newfoundland

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:43 pm

HeatherK wrote:The correct name for this province is Newfoundland and Labrador.The people of Labrador get a little annoyed when we don't mention them.That's why the abreviation has been changed from Nfld to NL.personally it will never catch on and will always be Nfld to me. :lol:
HK
HeatherK is right When I was in highschool the correct abreviation was Nfld. then when I was at the Community College five years ago (needed to upgrade and learn some computer skills) they had changed to two letter abreviations for each province and Nfld. became NF but that hasn't lasted long because it was changed just last year and now the official abreviation is NL . People over there don't want to leave out Labrador, after all Quebec is always trying to steal it.