karenc

Post by karenc » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:04 am

hi hugh,

no i havent looked at that but thanks for the tip

karen

Jan D

Post by Jan D » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:00 am

Kia ora again Karen

Just popped in for a bit of a read. Perhaps the Jessie and Gavin I found are not your family? Gavin was not a very common name in NZ, whereas Jessie was, so maybe they are right though. Do you know anymore wee snipets of info, like that Jessie was supposed to have died in 1893? Did Jessie have a second name, or Gavin?

Fiona D

karenc

Post by karenc » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:41 pm

hi fiona, thanks for all the help youre giving me. well i did a search on family search which gave me quite a lot of information and according to that jessie was supposed to have died in 1888!

but from past experience i know that these dates are not always correct. :roll:

another interesting fact is that jessie was also sometimes called janet. i have a few things where she is janet and a few where she is jessie! its also the same with her daughter jessie/janet.

thanks

karen

MelRees

Re: mcleods in new zealand .....

Post by MelRees » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:27 am

Hi there

Not sure if you are still around or posting on here but I have Marguerite Dalziel MCLEOD whose parents are Gavin MCLEOD and Jessie REID married 25 Oct 1864 in Linlithegow, Scotland where Margureite (Margaret) was born 1867 along with Mary b 1865 Isabella b. 1869 Gavin b 1871 and Janet b1874, im still looking for their travel to nz and whether the other 6 children i have found actually belong to Gavin and Jessie.

MelRees

Post by MelRees » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:14 am

Hi

I have a gavin mcleod and jessie reid in my family tree, still confirming their arrival in nz but on gavins death record 1874/75 is the arrival date, have not long been researching this side of the tree.

SarahND
Site Admin

Post by SarahND » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:10 pm

Hello MelRees and [TS_welcome]
Karen was last on the forum just under a month ago, so I expect she'll be back again soon. In the meantime, you could send her a pm in case she missed the notification that new information had been posted on this thread.

All the best,
Sarah

iccabicc

Post by iccabicc » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:52 am

I am one of those Mcleods in NZ and have a wee bit of information about Gavin and Janet Reid who married on 25 October 1864 their children Guy,Robert,Herbert,Barbara,Bella,Jessie,John and Anna. Herbert was my great grandfather who lived in Hawera married Jane Travis and had Gordon my pop), Ronald,Allan,Norman and Jean died 2006 would love more information re Gavin and Janet and how their family ended up in New Plymouth Herbert was born 1883 Green Island,Dunedin

StewL

Post by StewL » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:56 am

Hello Iccabicc
[TS_welcome]
I am sure your input will be welcomed by those on this forum.
Stewie

Searching for: Anderson, Balks, Barton, Courtney, Davidson, Downie, Dunlop, Edward, Flucker, Galloway, Graham, Guthrie, Higgins, Laurie, Mathieson, McLean, McLuckie, Miln, Nielson, Payne, Phillips, Porterfield, Stewart, Watson