A Big THANKYOU

Share your success stories here.

Moderator: Global Moderators

Billmalc

A Big THANKYOU

Post by Billmalc » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:14 am

Before the New Year is upon us, I would like to give a big thanks to anyone who helped me with information and advice during 2007.

Thanks to the kind folk on TS I managed to get back to my G-G-G-Great Grandfather, Alexander Malcolm b1767. I have since gone back further, but these ancestors are more difficult to verify :?

A special thanks must go to SarahND =D> . I had been trying to trace Hannah Malcolm, who emmigrated to the US in 1909, but after 18 months of hunting, I was about to give up ](*,) . Then Sarah stepped in, and in one evening, managed to discover that Hannah had married not long after she arrived in the US. Sarah didn't stop there. After several postings and e-mail's, she had given me much more information on that family line, on both sides of the pond :!: I think I should also add that whilst Sarah was doing all this research on my behalf, she was also in the process of packing for a trip to france :!: :!: :!:

Anyway, I've been meaning to thank you all for months, so I'm happier now that I've done it before 2008 :D

Bill [5 cups]
Researching MALCOLM from Fife, Kinross and Perth and LENNOX from Dunblane and St. Ninians. Cross, Stewart/Stuart from Perthshire.
http://billmalc.tribalpages.com/

Anne H
Global Moderator

Post by Anne H » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:23 am

Hi Bill,

Isn't it great when you break through those brick walls? TS members are a great bunch of people always ready to help out whenever possible and like yourself, I've had lots of help too from Sarah on one of my lines on the U.S. side.

[cheers] to Sarah and all at TalkingScot :!:

[pour-drink]
Anne H

mallog

Post by mallog » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:07 am

I want to show my appreciation for all the help I've received from TS too, especially this year. Thank you all

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Anderson, McAlpine, Blue - Argyll
Dunn Fife /ML
Coutts, McGregor - Perth/Govan
Glen, Crow, Imrie - Angus
Scott & Pick ML
Mason - Co Down

SarahND
Site Admin

Re: A Big THANKYOU

Post by SarahND » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:00 am

Billmalc wrote:I think I should also add that whilst Sarah was doing all this research on my behalf, she was also in the process of packing for a trip to france :!: :!: :!:
Thanks, Bill It was my pleasure. I'm still in France and every day keep finding more things I was sure I had, but forgot to pack :lol: :lol: Don't worry, I'm sure I would have forgotten them anyway :!: and it's nothing compared to what my husband forgot and he was not on TS :roll: :lol: :lol:
Happy New Year! [cheers]
Sarah