Lesmahagow, Glassford, Stonehouse and Stathaven cemeteries..

Churchyards and Monumental Inscriptions, Burial and headstone information

Moderators: Global Moderators, LesleyB

ASGROOMBRIDGE

Lesmahagow, Glassford, Stonehouse and Stathaven cemeteries..

Post by ASGROOMBRIDGE » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:27 am

Hi everyone,

Have at last got around to sorting out the gravestone pictures taken on my trip to Scotland, I have lots that are not mine if you think you have any ancestors in the above cemeteries I will see if I have pictures of their headstone. Old and new cemeteries. Most names are similar to ones on my tree but the odd few are not.

regards,
Audrey
Looking for McGowan Anderson Fleming Sommerville Waddell in Lanarkshire. Semple Murray Baird Thompson Hutchinson in Annan Dumfriesshire Baird and Hutchinson also in Kirkinner Wigtonshire and Semple family of Annan Glasgow and Edinburgh

jintyb

Post by jintyb » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:55 am

Audrey
Thanks for your kind offer.Do you have any pictures of Ballantine/Ballantyne probably Glassford or Stonehouse cemetaries.
Thanks again
Janet
searching:
Ayrshire-Findlay,Mitchell,Mair
Richmond.
Lanarkshire-Ballantine/Ballantyne
Wilson,Milligan,Hardie

ASGROOMBRIDGE

Post by ASGROOMBRIDGE » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:04 pm

Hi Janet,

Not come across any so far but still working on the old cemetery at Glassford, will keep an eye out, I do have Wilson's from Lanarkshire in my tree though. :!:

regards
Audrey
Looking for McGowan Anderson Fleming Sommerville Waddell in Lanarkshire. Semple Murray Baird Thompson Hutchinson in Annan Dumfriesshire Baird and Hutchinson also in Kirkinner Wigtonshire and Semple family of Annan Glasgow and Edinburgh

jintyb

Post by jintyb » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:50 pm

Audrey
Thank you.I have Wilsons in different generations.My 3xgt.Grandmother was Christian Wilson who married Hugh Ballantine in Stonehouse 1829.Her parents were (from lds not confirmed)James Wilson and Jean Brown m.3/4/1803.My grandmother was Sarah McKendrick Wilson b.1/5/1891 in Hamilton her parents were(from birth cert.)Andrew Wilson and Janet Watson.Any connection?
Regards
Janet
searching:
Ayrshire-Findlay,Mitchell,Mair
Richmond.
Lanarkshire-Ballantine/Ballantyne
Wilson,Milligan,Hardie

Scozzie

Post by Scozzie » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:53 pm

Audrey, what a generous person you are! I have LOADS of rellies from Lesmahagow. Do you have any for McVake, Clark, Adam, Scott or Smith?
Adam/Aird/Bell/Beveridge/Clark/Davidson/Dunn/Millar/Morning/ McKinlay/McVake/McVickers/Pryde/Robertson..... and Smith!

Davie

Post by Davie » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:27 pm

Hi
Me too
Any Watsons or Sorbies
Thanks
Davie